Why is Search Engine Optimization Essential?
Search Engine Optimization also known as SEO is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search engine. In simple words, it is a way to improve a website so that it appear closer to the top position in the search results of Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines.
In today’s internet savvy world SEO is more important than ever. According to statistics, there are over 2 billion users online. 93% of online activities start on search engine. There are 40,000 searches every second, and 3.5 billion searches per day.
Search Engine Optimization is essential because:
- Most of the search engine users normally tend to visit one of the top five results that appear on the search engine result page, as they perceive those to be the most relevant. So, to take advantage of this and to get visitors to a website SEO is a must.
- Users trust search engines and websites that appear on one of the top position on the search engine result page for the keywords that the users have entered, increases the trust of those websites too.
- Good SEO practices enhance user experience and usability of a website.
- SEO can increase a website referrals. Users who find a website on the top position of search engine result page are more likely to refer it to friends and at times even put it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social networking platforms.
- SEO is significant for the smooth functioning of a website with more than one author. A website with more than one author can benefit from SEO directly as well as indirectly. Their direct benefit is increase in website traffic and indirect benefit is having a common framework (checklists) to use before publishing content on the website.
- SEO can not only make a website standout but also put it ahead of its competitors. If more than one websites are selling the same product, the search engine optimized website is more likely to have more customers and more sales than non-optimized website.
THE MMIT is armed with professionals who have expertise in SEO. They first analyse a website, followed by a step-by-step plan to have the website communicate keywords more effectively to search engines. Their ultimate goal is to get their clients more visitors and higher conversion of sales and leads.